Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Music magazine mock-up



 

I have created a mock-up for my 'Rock' music magazine as a result of the feedback from my target audience questionnaire. My magazine is going to be focused on 'Rock' music; especially as my target audience feel that 'Rock' is their favourite genre because it is expressive. The reason why I chose to make the masthead large, white and in capital letters is because I would like it to be the first feature people notice. I made the masthead white so that it contrasts effectively with the background and it is rough and artistic to convey a powerful message to attract the audience. I chose to include a tagline to portray the importance of the magazine; "Music magazine of the year" which immediately captures the readers attention. The colours I chose are black, red and purple which stand out and contrast well as they are bright. Black suggests the darkness and edginess of 'Rock' music whilst red suggests different emotions such as anger and passion which they reinforce in their music. I included cover lines to demonstrate to the reader that there is more content inside and I also used cover lines to capture the attention of the reader encase they like a specific band I have used. The cover lines and the secondary images both have red backgrounds to attract the reader and to give an empowering effect. The red also represents passion which suggests the importance for fans to read more so they purchase the magazine. The purple font for 'The new Queen' suggests royalty and importance which is ironic as the Queen is royalty whilst the classical rock band is called Queen and Saint Lucinda intend on following in their footsteps. I advertise posters for another rock band with a purple font to suggest how special the reader is to have one. I included three free posters as the majority of my target audience said they would love a freebie in their ideal music magazine. I have included a pug at the bottom of the cover stating a festival giveaway which is in red to highlight the excitement of the event and to show how vital it is to enter. I have used a puff to advertise a competition for winning Saint Lucinda merchandise which is purple and the shape of the puff is circular to provide a sense of excitement and to suggest the winner will be extremely special and lucky to win it. My central image is inspired by 'Queen' as they are icons in the rock industry, as well as the image being effective and dramatic with the use of lighting and their facial expressions. The image is black and white to resemble the darkness behind the music as well as the dramatic effect drawing the audience in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment