Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Photo shoot Planning

The central image on my music magazine cover will be a 'Rock' band called 'Saint Lucinda' which is made up of three members. The main photograph is inspired by the classical rock band 'Queen' so I aim to make the photograph dramatic and as effective as possible with the use of the lighting, the location and the models involved.
My photo shoot will take place in a large dark room to lure the audience into the models to replicate 'Queen' but I do not intend on making it a copy as the band I have chosen are unisex and I would like to demonstrate female empowerment through the photo.
As there are three members in 'Saint Lucinda', the female lead singer will be in the centre of the image with the lead guitarist and the bass guitarist at her sides to present a dramatic feel to it and to emphasise the female in the band. Every member will look directly into the camera to captivate the audience to draw them in to buying the magazine.
I want the central image to have a light shining upon everyone's faces to emphasise their diverse features and to also capture the audiences attention. The light will be from an iphone torch and the light shining on their faces would create a gothic and scary effect to demonstrate their power and their musical instruments will be included.
I chose to take the photographs in front of a black curtain so that the audience focus specifically on the band and to also create a sense of darkness and dramatize the shoot to resemble the rough and edginess of 'rock' music.
The props I have decided to use in the photo shoot are a bass guitar, an electric guitar and a microphone to demonstrate to the reader that each member is individual and to display that they all have the ability and the talent to play an instrument reinforcing the fact that they create their own music. They will all hold their instruments into the light to convey the importance of 'rock' music and to show their energy during a performance.
The clothing the models will wear will be dark colours such as black, grey and dark blue or green to blend in with the background. The lead singer will wear a band t-shirt to demonstrate their dedication and constant passion towards 'rock' music. The lead singer will also wear jewellery to convey her femininity and to display to the audience that women can be in a 'rock' band as it is rare to find a unisex band.
I will also take photographs of each band member individually so that I can use them for the images inside the magazine; specifically for the double page spread. The individual shots will have the same effect as the group photo as they will be in the same dark room with a light shining on their face with an iphone torch. The individual shots shall be very dramatic as I will use a low-angle shot to make each member seem superior and powerful.

For the secondary images on the cover, I plan to use three main photos to be advertised as posters on the front cover. I will use two girls who are roughly the same height to convey they are as talented as each other and they will wear dark clothes; preferably black to demonstrate stereotypical 'rock' music. One of the models will be chewing gum and the other listening to music with their earphones to suggest their rebellious personality which is shown typically in 'rock' music. The location of the photo shoot shall be outside against a brick wall with natural light shining upon the wall to show how natural 'rock' music is and I intend on making the shoot as natural as possible; showing their friendship through touching and laughing together.



No comments:

Post a Comment